Trying to live a better story...

God has given me a vision.
While on a long road trip in the middle of October 2009, I was in the Spirit.
God told me that I was going to start recording music that He has and would continue to give me. I feel it's necessary to tell you all that while I was in Florida I read "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Don Miller, and that was what greatly inspired me to ask God how I could live a better story. I had spent the last 6 months wondering what to do with the music that I had been writing. It became clear to me, as though a veil was lifted from my eyes, that God had given me these talents in order to serve others. I have played music all over this country, I have sold thousands of records, tee shirts, etc. It has mostly been for my glory. I traveled under the banner of Christ and wrote songs that people connected with spiritually, but I don't feel like the love of Jesus was my ultimate focus.

I am done writing music for myself. I am done loving the spotlight.
I am done using the talents that God has blessed me with for my own benefit.

Matthew 25:14-30

I am ready to enter into a faith driven experience that will give people something to be passionate about and help those in need. I am rallying together those who feel like something in this life is missing. I am ready to love the least of these.

I don't believe it's coincidence that Jesus spoke about using our talents and loving the least of these back to back.

Matthew 25:31-46

I say all of that to get to this.

I am selling T shirts, stickers, magnets, playing shows, and leading worship.
Half of any money that comes in will be directly given away to those in need.

I am releasing a record.
Songs that are real, honest, and full of passion.
A call to those who are asleep.
A plead for God to fill us with His love.
A proclamation of truth.
A declaration of His kingdom- cause I believe it's here, all around us.
A cry that "Another World Could Be."
But most importantly, the proceeds of this project will be given away.


I have chosen to call it "Community" God has made it abundantly clear that I am not to do this alone. Already God has thrown people in the midst of this idea and passion to 'use our blessings to bless others.' Photographers, Videographers, Managers, Graphic Designers, People who are helping spread the word are all jumping on board with this idea of "using talents to love the least of these."

The Prophet Isaiah, inspired by The Holy Spirt, said this:

Isaiah 58:10
"10 if you pour yourself out for the hungry
and satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
then shall your light rise in the darkness
and your gloom be as the noonday."

LIVING A BETTER STORY:



I am trying to live a better story.
I believe that God is calling myself, and all of us, to use what He has given us to bless others; to be salt and light in the world. I am trying to figure out what this would really look like and I feel the living a better story seminar would be a tremendous help. I look up to Don Miller and greatly enjoy his writings (still can't decide which book I like best, they all speak to me in a different and ridiculous way).
I ask that you consider a 24 yr old Youth Pastor from Oklahoma who is trying to figure out how to live a better story.


www.YouAreCommunity.com is the website for this project, check it out!


If you have read this, thank you. Maybe this is for you, maybe it's not.
I believe that the Spirit will guide you in your choice.
I pray that that we can be bound together in love and not neglect the things God has given us.

"Come along and join this story that He's written on our hearts." (line from song "Oh Sleeping Child" - by Community)

(Since launching Community in May of 2010 we have raised $600 for those in need through: T Shirts, Shows, Worship leading, donations, etc... www.ServingHisChildren.org is the website of the place the money is donated.)






May the grace and peace of our Father increase and abound to you all,

Brett Baggett




Cell Phone - 918 348 1595
Email - Brettbaggett77@hotmail.com
Twitter - Brettabaggett